Land with building rights
The intake of new land is always conducted on the basis of strict selection criteria. Factors we look at include development potential, profitability, location, the market situation and the creditworthiness of our partners. In addition, we consult external parties for their advice.
Prior to purchase by Groep Caenen Capital Fund, building rights will be granted to a builder (property developer/contractor) for a maximum term of five years. Building rights (“recht van opstal”) are property rights that allow one entity to own buildings, works and/or plantings on or above an immovable property (in our case, development land) owned by another entity. Building rights form an exception to the right of accession. The main advantage is that the builder does not need to purchase the land during the period in which the building rights are applicable (meaning it does not need to pay any registration duties), but that it can start the construction, marketing and sale of the project regardless. The land that has not been sold by the end of the building period must be purchased by the developer. For this reason, building contracts are only concluded with solvent owners with a proven track record.
Development land for single-family and multi-family homes, student housing, offices and commercial, logistical or industrial buildings are all considered.
Below, we have provided a brief overview of projects in which Groep Caenen Capital Fund NV (or one of its subsidiaries) purchased the land. Simply click on the project image for more information.
- Kluisbergen - Project Orchidee - 56 assisted living apartments
- Maldegem - Project Brielpark - 27 houses + 17 apartments
- Anderlecht - Project - 79 apartments
- Oudenaarde - Project - 1 house + 3 apartments
- Nieuwpoort - Project Victor Gilsoul - 5 apartements
- Beersel - Project - 10 building plots
- Middelkerke - Project The Hamptons - 13 apartments
- Middelkerke - Project Bora Bora - 15 apartments
- Middelkerke - Project Tuvalu - 8 apartments
- Zottegem - Project Meiregaard - Meire - 12 apartments
- Oostende - Project Queens - 7 apartments
- Koksijde - Project - 8 apartments