Land with building rights
The intake of new land is always conducted on the basis of strict selection criteria. Factors we look at include development potential, profitability, location, the market situation and the creditworthiness of our partners. In addition, we consult external parties for their advice. Any land will only be bought once final, executable planning permission has been obtained.
Prior to purchase by Groep Caenen Capital Fund, building rights will be granted to a builder (property developer/contractor) for a maximum term of five years. Building rights (“recht van opstal”) are property rights that allow one entity to own buildings, works and/or plantings on or above an immovable property (in our case, development land) owned by another entity. Building rights form an exception to the right of accession. The main advantage is that the builder does not need to purchase the land during the period in which the building rights are applicable (meaning it does not need to pay any transaction or registration duties), but that it can start the construction, marketing and sale of the project regardless. At the end of the building rights term, the builder is obliged to purchase the remaining land from GCCF (meaning transaction and registration duties will only be due at this point). As such, Groep Caenen Capital Fund purchases land that will be fully sold at a profit by the end of the building rights term at the latest. The fund only enters into building rights contracts with creditworthy builders with a proven track record.
Development land for single-family and multi-family homes, student housing, offices and commercial, logistical or industrial buildings are all considered.
Below, we have provided a brief overview of projects in which Groep Caenen Capital Fund NV (or one of its subsidiaries) purchased the land. Simply click on the project image for more information.
- Willebroek - Project Kanaelzicht - 100 apartments + 29 assisted living apartments + 18 houses
- Zulte - Project Wybo - 63 apartments with assistance
- Blankenberge - Project Villa Karmel - 56 apartements + 6 houses
- Kluisbergen - Project Orchidee - 56 assisted living apartments
- Maldegem - Project Brielpark - 27 houses + 17 apartments
- Sint-Niklaas - Project Alegria - 45 assistance flats
- Westende - Project Madison - 44 apartments
- Kortrijk - Project Huyz K - 33 student apartments
- Kortrijk - Project De Kien - 19 houses en 30 apartments
- Anderlecht - Project - 79 apartments
- Oudenaarde - Project - 1 house + 3 apartments
- Nieuwpoort - Project Victor Gilsoul - 5 apartements
- De Panne - Project De Link - 7 apartments
- Beersel - Project - 10 building plots
- Heers - Project - 12 apartments + 12 houses
- Middelkerke - Project Matisse - 16 apartments
- Viane - Project De Pastorij - 17 assisted living apartments
- Middelkerke - Project The Hamptons - 13 apartments
- Middelkerke - Project Bora Bora - 15 apartments
- Middelkerke - Project Tuvalu - 8 apartments
- Zottegem - Project Meiregaard - Meire - 12 apartments
- Oostende - Project Queens - 7 apartments
- Koksijde - Project - 8 apartments
- Herenthout - Project Herenthout - 20 apartements + shop
- Antwerpen - Project Antwerp - Reconversion of offices to Co-Working
- Opwijk - Project Opwijk - Building of 15 KMO + 3 offices.